Fly of the Week.
I think I’ll start the fly of the week and see how it goes. This is my Baetis Soft Hackle. This is my no #1 fly in the Fall on the Truckee River. I fish it deep on a nymph rig, or sometimes higher up off a tippet ring on a nymph rig. You can fish it off a back of a dry in the film, or swing it through a pod of rising fish. It just works…
- Hook: Tiemco 2487 size #16
- Thread: Uni 8/0 Gray (head)
- Body: Uni 8/0 Iron Gray
- Thorax: Wapsi Life Cycle Caddis Dubbing Gray
- Colar: Whiting Farms Hen Hackle Medium Dun
- Tail: Hen Hackle Fibers, Medium Dun
- Ribbing: UTC Ultra Wire Size Small, Green, or Olive
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.